Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Gift Cards Galore!


Coming off the Christmas gift card deluge, I'm still lusting after all the books I don't own but crave. I've got new World War II histories in my sites, as well as the YA fantasy release by Sarah J. Maas, Throne of Glass. Having skimmed my RT Book Reviews, I'm salivating over soon to be released erotic romance titles (cannot get enough!) and thriller titles by Karen Rose, Lisa Jackson and Wendi Corsi Staub.

What am I reading right now? I'm re-reading the Lee Child canon (which occupies all my time, so no, I haven't gone to see Reacher, because I have the perfect Jack Reacher in my mind and he's not NOT Tom Cruise) because Child's articles on writing have been hither and yon, including the NY Times, and I am now a fan of his writing advice as well as his fiction.

Just finished up "Not So Tiny Tim", a great, fun, hot read with a poignant finale. It's one of the 3 books in the Smutketeers Christmas collection and have got "Marley in Chains" and "Scrooged" queued up on my Nook.

I'm also very excited that my office (prominent entertainment law firm)has begun a diversity reading group. The first book up is awaiting me at my local B&N and I'm very intersted in reading Covering: The Hidden Assault on Our Civil Rights and having intelligent discussion re: same come next month.

I simply MUST mix up my reading - a few wonderfully entertaining romances, thrillers, and historicals, interspersed with illuminating and informing non-fic from history to bio. Makes me a well-rounded know it all!

And what, pray tell, are YOU reading for 2013?

So Many Books! So Little Time! AAArgh.

No comments: